DIY CONCRETE SALT & PEPPER PINCH BOWLS | TASTEMADE
|2 empty 1-quart milk cartons|
|1 disposable container (for mixing concrete)|
|2 small plastic cups|
|Small bag fast-setting concrete|
|Paint (colors of your choosing)|
- Cut down milk cartons to just above desired height. (I like to do two different heights.)
- Brush the insides of the milk cartons and the outsides of the small plastic cups with Vaseline. Set aside.
- Mix together fast-drying concrete with water (according to package instructions), until the mixture has a creamy soup consistency.
- Fill the milk containers with concrete to about 1 inch from the top. Slowly push the oiled cup into position.
- Add rocks to weigh it down to hold the cup in place. Let the concrete cure for at least eight hours.
- When the concrete is solid, remove the cup and carefully peel away the milk container.
- Cut a plastic cup to fit flush inside the hole and fill with salt and pepper.
- Paint or dip … and voila!