SHREDDED WHEAT COOKIES RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 48 cookies, 48 serving(s)
|2 3/4 cups shredded wheat cereal (You can use plain or frosted or any fancy flavor you choose to take advantage of. The taste will obv)|
|2 cups milk chocolate chips, divided|
|1 cup butter, room temperature|
|1 cup granulated sugar|
|1 cup brown sugar, packed|
|2 large eggs|
|2 teaspoons vanilla extract|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 teaspoon baking powder|
|1 teaspoon baking soda|
|1/2 teaspoon salt|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and lightly grease a large baking sheet or two.
- Combine the shredded wheat and 1/2 cup of the chocolate chips in the food processor. Blend until it is finely ground.
- Cream together the butter and the two sugars in a very large bowl.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir in the shredded wheat mixture.
- Add the remaining chocolate chips. Feel free to experiment with adding other things like white chocolate or dark chocolate chips, nuts, M&M’s, toffee pieces, anything you like.
- Drop by flat tablespoons onto the lightly greased baking sheets and pop them into the oven.
- Check them after 8 minutes or so. Depending on the pan you use, they could be done or it could take as much as 12-15 minutes.
- Pull them out when the edges are slightly browned and the middle looks soft and squishy, but isn’t doughy.
- Make sure you cool them completely before packing in an airtight container. When they are suitable to pack, they can stay at room temperature for awhile.
Calories 96.2, FatContent 4.4, SaturatedFatContent 2.7, CholesterolContent 19.2, SodiumContent 91, CarbohydrateContent 13.4, FiberContent 0.2, SugarContent 9.2, ProteinContent 0.9
FRIED SHREDDED WHEAT RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 4 servings.
|4 large shredded wheat biscuits|
|3/4 cup milk|
|Oil for frying|
- Soak cereal in milk for 5 minutes on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain slightly. Fry in a large skillet until brown on both sides, pressing down while frying. Serve with syrup.
Calories , FatContent , CholesterolContent , SodiumContent , CarbohydrateContent , FiberContent , ProteinContent
SHREDDED WHEAT BREAD RECIPE — YANKEE MAGAZINE
|2 large shredded wheat biscuits, crumbled|
|2 cups boiling water|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|2/3 cup molasses|
|3 tablespoons butter|
|1/2 cup lukewarm water|
|1 cake compressed yeast|
|5 to 6 cups all-purpose flour|
WHOLE WHEAT CEREAL BARS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: kimberlyrs
Categories: Bar Cookies
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 – 8 inch square pan
|½ cup brown sugar|
|½ cup honey|
|½ cup peanut butter|
|3 cups coarsely chopped shredded whole wheat cereal biscuits|
|¾ cup raisins|
- Combine brown sugar, honey, and peanut butter in a microwave-safe glass or ceramic bowl. Melt the peanut butter mixture microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each melting, for 1 to 2 minutes (depending on your microwave). Stir in cereal and raisins.
- Press cereal mixture into an 8 inch square pan sprayed with non-stick spray. Cool and cut into bars.
Calories 412.3 calories, CarbohydrateContent 77 g, FatContent 11.3 g, FiberContent 4.1 g, ProteinContent 8.4 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.3 g, SodiumContent 109.1 mg, SugarContent 53.8 g
How many recipes have shredded wheat cereal in them?
Including 11 recipes with shredded wheat cereal. There are 11 recipes that contain this ingredient.
How to make the best Shredded Wheat Bread?
Toast the Shredded Wheat and oats in a large pan over a medium-low heat until golden and crisp. Leave to cool. Toast the nuts over a medium-low heat for 2 minutes, then add sunflower seeds and cook for another 2 minutes until golden. Leave to cool. Put the apricots, raisins and juice into a food processor and blend to a smooth puree.
How to cook Shredded Wheat and oats?
Toast the Shredded Wheat and oats in a large pan over a medium-low heat until golden and crisp. Leave to cool. Toast the nuts over a medium-low heat for 2 minutes, then add sunflower seeds and cook for another 2 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
How do you make soft bread with cereal mixture?
In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add cereal mixture and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky).