SLOW-COOKER GOETTA RECIPE: HOW TO MAKE IT
Provided by: Taste of Home
Total time: 04 hours 45 minutes
Prep time: 45 minutes
Cook time: 04 hours 00 minutes
Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).
|6 cups water|
|2-1/2 cups steel-cut oats|
|6 bay leaves|
|3 tablespoons beef bouillon granules|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon each garlic powder, rubbed sage and pepper|
|1/2 teaspoon ground allspice|
|1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes|
|2 pounds bulk pork sausage|
|2 medium onions, chopped|
- In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine water, oats and seasonings. Cook, covered, on high 2 hours. Remove bay leaves., In a large skillet, cook sausage and onions over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, 8-10 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles. Drain, reserving 2 tablespoons drippings. Stir sausage mixture and reserved drippings into oats. Cook, covered, on low 2 hours., Transfer mixture to 2 waxed paper-lined 9×5-in. loaf pans. Refrigerate, covered, overnight., To serve, slice each loaf into 16 slices. In a large skillet, cook goetta, in batches, over medium heat until lightly browned and heated through, 3-4 minutes on each side.
Calories 121 calories, FatContent 7g fat (2g saturated fat), CholesterolContent 15mg cholesterol, SodiumContent 450mg sodium, CarbohydrateContent 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, FiberContent 1g fiber), ProteinContent 5g protein.
CROCK POT GOETTA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 5 hours 5 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours
Yield: 8-10 serving(s)
|5 cups water|
|2 1/2 cups pinhead oats or 2 1/2 cups steel cut oats|
|3 teaspoons salt|
|1/2 teaspoon pepper|
|1 lb ground beef|
|1 lb ground pork or 1 lb pork sausage|
|1 1/2 cups finely chopped onions|
|1/2 teaspoon sage|
|1/4 teaspoon thyme|
|4 bay leaves|
|1/2 cup cornmeal (to thicken)|
- Place water, oats, salt and pepper into the crock pot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring 2 or 3 times.
- Add meats and break up well.
- Add onion, sage, thyme and bay.
- cook for 4 hours on low, stirring now and again.
- Uncover and add cornmeal-stir well.
- Cook uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Turn out into 3 loaf pans, cool and chill in fridge.
- When set turn out and freeze what you want.
- Slice and fry in a little butter or oil until brown and crusty, but dont let them touch in the pan or they will run.
Calories 520.9, FatContent 24, SaturatedFatContent 8.3, CholesterolContent 91.9, SodiumContent 958.5, CarbohydrateContent 41.3, FiberContent 6.2, SugarContent 1.3, ProteinContent 34.3
CROCK POT GOETTA | JUST A PINCH RECIPES
Provided by: Patty Ward @homecook373100
Categories: Other Breakfast
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 5 hours 30 minutes
|5 cup(s) water|
|2 1/2 cup(s) pinhead or steel cut oats|
|3 teaspoon(s) salt|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper|
|1 pound(s) 90% lean ground beef|
|1 pound(s) zesty pork sausage re: bob evans|
|1 1/2 cup(s) finely chopped onions|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) sage, dried|
|1/4 teaspoon(s) thyme, dried|
|4 – bay leaves, dried|
|1/2 cup(s) cornmeal to thicken|
- Place water,oats,salt and pepper into a 6 quart crockpot and mix well.
- Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, stirring 2-3 times.
- add ground beef and pork sausage to a large pan and cook until no longer pink;make sure the meats are well broken up. Add onion to skillet and cook until soft. Drain, and add all to crockpot. Stir well.
- Add sage, thyme, and bay leaves to crock pot, Stir well.
- Set crock pot to low and cook for 4 hours.
- Uncover, and add cornmeal. Stir well. Cover and cook for additional 1/2 hour.
- Turn out into 3 greased loaf pans, cool and then chill in refrigerator overnight. When set, turn out out one pan and slice into patties. Freeze remainder of 2 loaf pans.
- Slice and fry in a little butter and oil until brown and crusty. Don’t let them touch in the pan or they will run. Enjoy with eggs and toast.Serve as sandwiches for lunch or dinner in place of meat.
THE SARGE’S GOETTA – GERMAN BREAKFAST TREAT RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: SgtRock
Categories: Breakfast Beef
Total time: 6 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 5 hours 0 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 20 servings
|3 quarts water|
|2 tablespoons salt|
|2 teaspoons ground black pepper|
|5 cups steel cut oats|
|2 pounds ground beef|
|2 pounds ground pork sausage|
|2 large onions, finely chopped|
|¼ cup cooking oil|
- Bring water, salt, and pepper to boil in a slow cooker set to High. Stir in steel cut oats, cover, and cook 90 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, pork, and onions. Stir into the oat mixture, and reduce heat to Low. Cover, and continue cooking 3 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium baking pan, and cool until semi-solid. Turn out onto wax paper, and chill 1 hour in the refrigerator, or until firm.
- Heat oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium high heat. Cut the refrigerated mixture into thin slices. Cook slices one at a time in the heated oil until evenly brown.
Calories 510.7 calories, CarbohydrateContent 29 g, CholesterolContent 69.5 mg, FatContent 35.6 g, FiberContent 4.3 g, ProteinContent 18 g, SaturatedFatContent 12.4 g, SodiumContent 1036.3 mg, SugarContent 1.6 g