MARSHMALLOW S’MORES CHEESECAKE – INSTANT POT RECIPES
Marshmallow S’Mores Cheesecake with Ganache Topping and Graham Crackers. One last cheesecake — and this one’s over the top. We’ve had to adapt a bit, mostly because of how the cheesecake is served in the restaurant: coated in a browned marshmallow sauce, topped with graham crackers, and served with whipped cream. Like the original, ours is loaded with chocolate (in the filling and the frosting), but we’ve revamped the garnishes a bit to make the overall preparation easier. Don’t worry: Each piece will still have a layer of marshmallow sauce on top in a bid to replicate the taste of the original and campfire s’mores.
If you’ve got a kitchen blowtorch, you can get really close to the original: Frost the cheesecake with the chocolate-and-cream mixture, then slice it into wedges. Dollop a little whipped cream at the wide, “back” part of each wedge, then stick a graham cracker (or a piece of a graham cracker) into this part. Spoon the marshmallow ice-cream topping over the top of the slice so that it runs down the sides. Now use that kitchen blowtorch to brown the marshmallow topping, giving it a golden gloss. trompette de la mort prix recettes.
Provided by: Bruce Weinstein & Mark Scarbrough
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours
Yield: 6-8 servings
|1 1/2 cups water|
|baking spray (a flour-and-fat mixture)|
|1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs|
|5 tbsp butter (melted and cooled for 5 minutes)|
|1 lb regular or low-fat cream cheese (at room temperature, do not use fat-free)|
|3 tbsp granulated white sugar|
|2 tbsp light brown sugar|
|2 large eggs|
|1 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream|
|8 oz bittersweet chocolate (70 to 75% cocoa solids, melted and cooled)|
|2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder|
|6 oz semisweet chocolate (chopped; or semisweet chocolate chips)|
|marshmallow ice-cream topping (for serving)|
|graham crackers (for garnishing)|
|7-inch-across, round, high-sided, pressure-safe springform pan|
|pressure-safe rack or trivet|
|handheld electric mixer|
- Pour the water into the insert set in a 6- or 8-quart Instant Pot. Set a pressure-safe rack or trivet in the insert. Generously coat the inside of a 7-inch-across, round, high-sided, pressure-safe springform pan with baking spray.
- Stir the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl until uniform. Pour this mixture into the prepared pan. Spread and lightly pack it into an even crust that extends halfway up the sides of the pan.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, beat the cream cheese, white sugar, and brown sugar in a medium bowl until light and fluffy, scraping down the inside of the bowl occasionally. This can take up to 5 minutes. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then beat in the 2 tablespoons cream until smooth. Add the melted bittersweet chocolate and cocoa powder. Beat until uniform.
- Turn off and remove the beaters. Pour and scrape every drop of batter into the crust-lined pan. Do not cover. Set the pan on the rack or trivet and lock the lid onto the pot.
- Set PRESSURE COOK or MANUAL on HIGH pressure. Set time for 25 minutes with the KEEP WARM setting off.
- When the pot has finished cooking, turn it off and let the pressure return to normal naturally, about 20 minutes. Unlatch the lid and open the cooker. Use hot pads or silicone baking mitts (and/or the foil sling) to transfer the (hot!) pan to a nearby wire rack. Cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Either continue on with the next step or cover the cheesecake in the pan and refrigerate for up to 48 hours.
- As the cheesecake cools, make the ganache topping. Pour the remaining 1 cup cream into a small saucepan and set over medium-low heat. Warm until the cream steams a bit. Meanwhile, put the semisweet chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour the warmed cream over the chocolate and stir until smooth. Cool to become a spreadable frosting, about 1 hour.
- To serve, unlatch the ring side of the pan and remove the ring. Spread the ganache topping evenly over the cooled cheesecake. Cut the cheesecake into wedges. Set these on serving plates and dollop each with marshmallow ice-cream topping. Garnish the servings with graham crackers set on top or even poked into the slices.