CHINESE BROCCOLI WITH SOY PASTE RECIPE | BON APPÉTIT
The sweet and salty flavor of the soy paste really shines here, so use the best-quality one you can find. We like Yu Ding Xing’s glutinous rice soy paste[LINK]. This recipe is from Taiwanese-American cook Lisa Cheng Smith’s spectacular Lunar New Year feast. farce pour poulet fermier recettes.
Provided by: Lisa Cheng Smith
Yield: 8 servings
|1 lb. Chinese broccoli or broccolini, trimmed, cut in thirds crosswise|
|¼ cup soy paste (such as Yu Ding Xing)|
- Set a steamer basket in a large pot filled with 1″ water, cover pot, and bring water to a boil. Add broccoli to steamer basket, cover pot, and steam broccoli until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk soy paste and 2 Tbsp. water in a large bowl.
- Arrange broccoli on a platter and drizzle sauce over.
TOFU AND MUSHROOM STIR FRY IN SOYBEAN SAUCE – SPICEPAW
An easy tofu and mushroom stir fry tossed in a delicious Chinese soybean sauce. Serve as a side dish or as a main Vegetarian course. #tofu #stirfry #mushrooms #Chinesefoodrecipes #vegan #vegetarian #quickrecipes
Provided by: Spicepaw
Total time: 15 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
|3-4 large king oyster mushrooms or 10-20 shitake mushrooms|
|300g (10.5 oz) firm tofu|
|2 tbsp ginger (sliced)|
|2 tbsp garlic (sliced)|
|1 tbsp Chinese fermented soybean paste (minced)|
|2-3 tbsp vegetable oil|
|1 tsp sugar|
|1 tbsp soy sauce|
- Cut tofu and mushrooms into chunks and thinly slice both the ginger and garlic. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tbsp Chinese fermented soybean paste, 1 tsp sugar and 1 tbsp soy sauce. Mix together until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- In a large wok, heat 2-3 tbsp of cooking oil on high heat.
- When oil is hot, add the tofu and fry until slightly browned and crispy.
- Add ginger and garlic and stir for a minute or two until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and stir-fry on high heat for 2-3 minutes until everything is cooked and crisp.
- Add the soybean sauce mixture and stir until everything is evenly coated.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes then remove from heat and serve.