MY DELICIOUS MEAT PATTIES/ PUERTO RICAN PASTELILLOS | JUST A PINCH …
Provided by: rosa rivera @cookie23
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|MY DELICIOUS MEAT PATTIES/ PUERTORICAN PASTELILLOS|
|1 pound(s) chopped meat/ beef or chicken|
|1/2 – geen pepper/chopped|
|1 small onion chopped|
|3 clove(s) garlic minced|
|1 teaspoon(s) dry oregano|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) cilantro, dried|
|1 tablespoon(s) adobo powder|
|1 package(s) sazon w/ culantro and achiote|
|1/2 teaspoon(s) hot pepper sauce|
|1 TABLESPOON TOMATO PASTE|
|– salt to taste if needed|
|– corn oil for frying|
|1/4 cup(s) pimento stuffed olives|
|1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste|
- put in a sauce pan the choped meat ,at medium heat put onions ,green pepper choped and minced garlic, also add cilantro dried and oregano 1 tablesoon of adobo seasoning and package of sazon w/ culantro and achiote annato for red color,also 2 tablespoon pimento olives,and tomato paste. stir with large spoon ,make sure eveything is blended taste and if you like it like that then don’t add the salt, cover let meat cook at low heat,for 15 minutes. see if tender and well cook ,if too much extra oil drain and put aside ,ready to form the meat patties. take 1 disc dough for meat patties add 2 tablesppons fold with a fork press edges in one side and the other, do the same for all the pastelillo dic, when formed heat the oil and add 2 at a time at midium heat ,turning so it won’t get darkend , just till golden brown, when finish arrange them in a flat plate and serve to ur kids or guess. makes 10 but if you want more , then double the amount, and buy more pattie disc. hope you enjoy this recepi, bon appettite.
MEXICAN BEEF PATTIES WITH TOMATO TOPPER (PACHOLAS) | READY SET EAT
Provided by: ReadySetEat
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 40 minutes
|2 tablespoons ground ancho chile pepper|
|1 tablespoon ground cumin|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic|
|3/4 teaspoon salt|
|1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|2 pounds ground sirloin beef (90% lean)|
|1/4 cup canola oil, divided|
|1-1/2 cups thinly sliced yellow onion|
|1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Diced Tomatoes, drained|
- Combine egg, chile pepper, cumin, garlic, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Add beef; mix until well blended. Divide mixture evenly into 6 portions; shape each into a 3/4-inch thick oblong patty.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add patties. Cook 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through (160°F), turning once.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in small saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook 5 minutes or until tender. Add drained tomatoes and cook 5 minutes more or until liquid has evaporated. Top each patty with 1/4 cup tomato topper.
@id https//www.readyseteat.com/complete-nutrition-info, Calories 371 calories
JAMAICAN BEEF PATTIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: JEFFOLEE
Categories: Jamaican Recipes
Total time: 1 hours 10 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 ½ teaspoons curry powder|
|1 pinch salt|
|¼ cup margarine|
|¼ cup shortening|
|⅓ cup water|
|2 tablespoons margarine|
|1 small onion, finely diced|
|1 pound ground beef|
|1 teaspoon curry powder|
|1 teaspoon dried thyme|
|1 teaspoon salt|
|1 teaspoon pepper|
|½ cup beef broth|
|½ cup dry bread crumbs|
|1 egg, beaten|
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Prepare pastry: Combine flour, curry powder, and salt in a bowl. Cut in margarine and shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in water until mixture forms a ball. Shape dough into a log and cut it into 10 equal pieces. Roll each piece into a 6-inch circle (approximately 1/8-inch thick) on a lightly floured surface; set aside.
- Prepare filling: Melt margarine in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté onion until soft and translucent, 2 to 3 minutes. Stir in ground beef; season with curry powder, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until beef is evenly browned, 8 to 10 minutes. Stir in beef broth and bread crumbs. Simmer until liquid is absorbed; remove from heat.
- Spoon equal amounts of filling onto each pastry circle. Fold over and press edges together, making a half-circle. Use the back of a fork to seal edges, then brush tops with beaten egg. Place pastries on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 30 minutes.
Calories 371 calories, CarbohydrateContent 24.3 g, CholesterolContent 57.2 mg, FatContent 24.9 g, FiberContent 1.3 g, ProteinContent 11.9 g, SaturatedFatContent 7.6 g, SodiumContent 466.9 mg, SugarContent 0.9 g