MARASCHINO CHERRY THUMBPRINT COOKIES RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: LemonMeringuePie
Categories: Cherry Desserts
Total time: 30 minutes
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 30 cookies
|1 serving baking spray|
|2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour|
|2 teaspoons baking powder|
|½ teaspoon salt|
|1 cup white sugar|
|¾ cup softened butter|
|2 each eggs|
|2 teaspoons milk|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract|
|1 ⅓ cups crushed corn flakes|
|15 cherries maraschino cherries, halved|
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat baking sheets with baking spray.
- Stir flour, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs; beat well. Stir in milk and vanilla extract. Add flour mixture and mix well.
- Shape dough into level tablespoon-sized balls. Roll in corn flakes. Place on the prepared baking sheets. Make a shallow indention in the tops of the cookies with your thumb; top each cookie with a halved cherry.
- Bake in the preheated oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
Calories 113.8 calories, CarbohydrateContent 16 g, CholesterolContent 23.1 mg, FatContent 5 g, FiberContent 0.3 g, ProteinContent 1.5 g, SaturatedFatContent 3 g, SodiumContent 117.3 mg, SugarContent 6.9 g
UNCLE BILL’S WHIPPED SHORTBREAD COOKIES RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 32 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 17 minutes
Yield: 24-30 cookies
|1 cup butter, softened|
|1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1/2 cup icing sugar or 1/2 cup powdered sugar|
|1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)|
|1/4 cup red maraschino cherry|
|1/4 cup green maraschino cherry|
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, combine butter, flour, icing sugar and vanilla extract; mix until mixture is a smooth consistency.
- Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Spoon out dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets by teaspoonfuls or by tablespoons for larger cookies, spacing about 2 inches apart.
- Cut maraschino cherries into quarters and place one piece in the middle of each cookie, alternating with red and green cherries.
- Bake in preheated 350 F oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until bottom of cookies are lightly browned, DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for about 5 minutes.
- Transfer onto wire racks to finish cooling.
- Store in a container with a lid and separate each layer with wax paper.
- NOTE: If you wish to add some flavor to the cookies, add 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract or almond extract.
- Use sprinkles, half an almond or half a cashew or chocolate to the top of the cookies before baking.
- A thumbprint in the cookie, filled with your choice of jam is very tasty.
- It has been suggested that the cookies be refrigerated for at least 1/2 hour before baking for a different texture.
Calories 110.8, FatContent 7.8, SaturatedFatContent 4.9, CholesterolContent 20.3, SodiumContent 67.9, CarbohydrateContent 9.7, FiberContent 0.3, SugarContent 3.6, ProteinContent 0.9