WHITE WINE PASTA WITH TOMATO SAUCE | A ZESTY BITE
|1 28 ounce can whole San Marzano tomatoes, drained and rinsed|
|2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil|
|1/4 cup chopped onion|
|1 teaspoon minced garlic|
|1/2 cup white wine, divided|
|1/2 teaspoon World Market oregano|
|1 pound Tagliatelle pasta|
- Add tomatoes to a blender and pulse until smooth consistency.
Pour olive oil into a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic, 1/4 cup of white wine and oregano and bring heat down to low. Pour in the tomatoes and simmer for at least one hour, stirring occasionally.
Fill pasta pot up halfway with water, 1/4 cup white wine and salt; bring to a boil. Add in pasta and cook 10 minutes. Drain and pour into large serving bowl. Pour the sauce over the noodles and toss to coat. Top with basil leaves and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Season with salt and pepper.
SPAGHETTI WITH FRESH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE BY TASTY
Provided by: Jody Duits
Yield: 4 servings
|1 lb spaghetti|
|2 tablespoons olive oil|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 cups cherry tomato|
|salt, to taste|
|pepper, to taste|
|1 cup white wine|
|1 cup parmesan cheese|
|½ cup fresh basil, chopped|
- Cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until it’s al dente. Reserve 1 cup (235 ml) of the pasta water before draining.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat olive oil in a large pan (it should be large enough to toss the pasta in). Add garlic and tomatoes, and stir until well-incorporated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook tomatoes down for 5 minutes until they soften and release some of their juices.
- Then add the wine and allow that to reduce for 5-10 minutes until you’re left with a syrupy sauce.
- Add the pasta to your sauce, along with a splash of pasta water and toss to coat it for about 1-2 minutes so the pasta finishes cooking and absorbs the flavor of the sauce.
- Add the parmesan and basil. Add another small splash of pasta water, if needed. Toss until the cheese is melted down and you’re left with a smooth sauce.
- Gradually add small amounts of pasta water, as needed, until the sauce reaches your desired smoothness.
- Top off with extra parmesan and basil and serve immediately.
Calories 631 calories, CarbohydrateContent 95 grams, FatContent 14 grams, FiberContent 5 grams, ProteinContent 24 grams, SugarContent 6 grams