TURKISH LAMB KEBABS RECIPE | EPICURIOUS
Provided by: Anissa Helou
Yield: 4 servings
|3 cloves of garlic, minced to a fine paste|
|3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste|
|1/2 teaspoon paprika|
|1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon|
|1/4 teaspoon ground cumin|
|2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves|
|Sea salt and finely ground black pepper|
|1 3/4 pounds (800 g) boneless lamb leg, trimmed of most of the fat and cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) chunks|
|24 cherry tomatoes|
|Flatbread, for serving|
- Mix together the garlic, olive oil, tomato paste, spices, thyme, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the meat to the marinade and toss. Let marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Prepare a charcoal fire in an outdoor grill, switch on the gas if you have an outdoor gas grill, or preheat the broiler to high.
- Thread the meat onto 7 long skewers and the tomatoes onto an eighth one. Grill over high heat or broil 3 to 4 minutes on each side, or until the meat and tomatoes are done to your liking. Slip the meat and tomatoes off the skewers onto flatbread and serve immediately.
LAMB SHISH KEBAB – FAB TURKISH LAMB SKEWERS| GREEDY GOURMET
Provided by: Michelle Minnaar
Total time: 45 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
|60ml (4 tbsp) olive oil|
|250ml (1 cup) plain yogurt|
|3 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed|
|30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice|
|5ml (1 tsp) ground cumin|
|5ml (1 tsp) dried oregano|
|5ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon|
|2.5ml (½ tsp) chilli powder|
|5ml (1 tsp) salt|
|5ml (1 tsp) ground black pepper|
|1kg (2lbs) boneless leg of lamb|
|2 red peppers, washed and cut into squares|
|2 yellow peppers, washed and cut into squares|
- Mix all the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Remove any excess fat or gristle from the lamb then cut into 5cm (2in) cubes.
- Place the meat into the marinade and ensure that all surfaces are covered.
- Leave to marinate in the fridge for at least 3 hours but preferably overnight.
- Thread the cubes onto metal skewers, alternating with yellow and red pepper squares.
- Grill on the barbecue for 8 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
- Serve with green salad, new potatoes and Baba Ghanoush.
Calories 447 calories, SugarContent 34.9 g, SodiumContent 429.8 mg, FatContent 16 g, SaturatedFatContent 3.4 g, TransFatContent 0 g, CarbohydrateContent 94.5 g, FiberContent 5.7 g, ProteinContent 11 g, CholesterolContent 9.7 mg