EASY VEGETABLE LASAGNA
Provided by: Adam and Joanne Gallagher
Total time: 1 hours 30 minutes
Prep time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: Makes 8 Servings
|14 lasagna noodles, see notes|
|2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil|
|1 cup (140 grams) chopped onion|
|1 tablespoon minced garlic, 3 to 4 cloves|
|1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste|
|2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch pieces|
|One (12-ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and cut into 1/2-inch pieces, 1 heaping cup|
|1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes|
|Generous handful fresh basil leaves, chopped|
|One (15-ounce) container ricotta cheese or cottage cheese|
|2 large eggs|
|2 ounces (60 grams) parmesan cheese, grated, about 2/3 cup|
|8 ounces (230 grams) low-moisture mozzarella cheese, shredded, about 2 cups|
|Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste|
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, then cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. To prevent the noodles from sticking after they are drained, add two teaspoons of olive oil to the pasta water. Drain, then lay flat on a sheet of aluminum foil.
- Heat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Lightly oil a 13-inch by 9-inch baking dish or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a wide skillet with sides over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes, zucchini, yellow squash, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are softened but still have some crunch, another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir in the roasted red peppers and crushed tomatoes. Bring to a low simmer and cook until the liquid has thickened and reduced by half, 5 to 8 minutes. Add the basil and season to taste with additional salt and pepper.
- While the sauce cooks, stir the ricotta cheese, eggs, and a 1/2 teaspoon of salt in a medium bowl until blended.
- Toss the parmesan cheese with the mozzarella. Set aside.
- Spoon enough vegetable mixture into the baking dish to lightly cover the bottom (about 1 cup). Arrange four noodles lengthwise and side-by-side to cover the bottom. If the noodles are short on one end, you may need to cut an extra noodle and place it into the dish to cover where the other noodles have not.
- Spread half of the ricotta cheese mixture over the noodles, then sprinkle a third of the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses on top of the ricotta. Finally, scatter a third of the vegetable sauce on top.
- Add another layer of four noodles and spread the remaining ricotta cheese over them. Scatter half of the parmesan and mozzarella cheeses over the ricotta. Spread half of the remaining vegetable sauce on top.
- Finish with a third layer of noodles and the remaining vegetable sauce. Finally, finish with the remaining cheese sprinkled all over the top.
- Cover the lasagna with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes; uncover, then bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is crusty around the edges.
- To make the cheese golden brown on top, slide the pan under the broiler and set to high heat for 1 to 2 minutes. Let rest 10 to 15 minutes before serving.
ServingSize 1/8 of lasagna, Calories 381, FatContent 20.9g, SaturatedFatContent 11g, CholesterolContent 104mg, SodiumContent 773mg, CarbohydrateContent 28.2g, FiberContent 4.3g, SugarContent 6.5g, ProteinContent 20.7g
HEARTY VEGETABLE LASAGNA RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Sue
Total time: 1 hours 40 minutes
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Yield: 1 9×13-inch lasagna
|1 (16 ounce) package lasagna noodles|
|2 tablespoons vegetable oil|
|1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced|
|¾ cup chopped green bell pepper|
|¾ cup chopped onion|
|3 cloves garlic, minced|
|2 (26 ounce) jars pasta sauce|
|1 teaspoon dried basil|
|1 (15 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese|
|4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided|
|½ cup grated Parmesan cheese|
- Cook lasagna noodles in a large pot of boiling water for 10 minutes, or until al dente. Rinse with cold water, and drain.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan. Add mushrooms, green peppers, onion, and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in pasta sauce and basil; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the sauce is simmering, mix together ricotta, 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and eggs in a medium bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Spread 1 cup cooked tomato and vegetable sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Lay down 1/2 of the lasagna noodles and layer 1/2 each of the ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese on top. Repeat layering again with noodles, ricotta mix, sauce, and Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining 2 cups mozzarella.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 40 minutes. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving.
Calories 462.5 calories, CarbohydrateContent 49.6 g, CholesterolContent 76.9 mg, FatContent 19.5 g, FiberContent 5.2 g, ProteinContent 23.2 g, SaturatedFatContent 8.8 g, SodiumContent 843.2 mg, SugarContent 13.8 g
What is the best way to make lasagne?
Add the tomato puree, salt, sugar, chilli powder, oregano, basil and simmer for a couple of minutes. 3. Heat butter and lightly brown flour in it. Then add milk, bring to a boil and simmer. 4. Make up the Lasagne. Mix together the vegetables with 1 1/2 cup of tomato sauce, and 2 cups of white sauce. 5.
How long does it take to cook Veggie lasagna?
This veggie lasagna doesn’t require too much time, either. While water boils and noodles cook, you can get through making most of the vegetable sauce. Then, all you do is finish the sauce, assemble and bake for 30 minutes or so.
How do you cook spinach for lasagne?
Stir in the spinach and cook together for 3 minutes. Season with salt and lots of ground black pepper. Spoon a third of the vegetable mixture over the base of a 2½ –3 litre/4½–5¼ pint ovenproof lasagne dish and cover with a single layer of lasagne.
What are the ingredients of vegetable lasagne?
Ingredients of Vegetable Lasagne Oven Temp: 350F-180 C 500 gm vegetables-cooked 2 cups tomato puree 1 Tbsp garlic paste Salt and sugar to taste 1 Tbsp chilli powder or to taste 1 Tbsp oregano and basil 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 cup butter 1 cup refined flour 3 cups milk Lasagne sheets 1 cup mozarella + Cheddar Cheese-grated 8