WAFFLES RECIPE (WITH VDIEO) | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: OneShyOfABunch
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 6 waffles
|2 large eggs|
|2 cups all-purpose flour|
|1 ¾ cups milk|
|½ cup vegetable oil|
|1 tablespoon white sugar|
|4 teaspoons baking powder|
|¼ teaspoon salt|
|½ teaspoon vanilla extract|
|nonstick cooking spray|
- Preheat a waffle iron according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add flour, milk, and vegetable oil and mix to combine. Whisk in sugar, then mix in baking powder, salt, and vanilla just until smooth, being careful not to overmix.
- Spray the preheated waffle iron with nonstick spray. Pour batter onto into the hot waffle iron and cook until golden brown and the iron stops steaming, 3 to 5 minutes. Repeat to cook remaining waffles.
Calories 382 calories, CarbohydrateContent 38 g, CholesterolContent 67.7 mg, FatContent 21.6 g, FiberContent 1.1 g, ProteinContent 8.7 g, SaturatedFatContent 4.3 g, SodiumContent 390 mg, SugarContent 5.7 g
EGG, HASH BROWN & BACON BREAKFAST SKILLET RECIPE | EATINGWELL
Provided by: Ivy Odom
Categories: Healthy Egg Recipes
Total time: 30 minutes
|3 slices center-cut bacon, chopped|
|2 tablespoons canola oil, divided|
|16 ounces frozen southern-style diced hash browns (4 cups)|
|4 large eggs|
|¼ teaspoon kosher salt|
|¼ teaspoon black pepper|
|1 ½ ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, shredded (about 1/3 cup)|
|¼ cup chopped scallions (from 2 scallions)|
|1 teaspoon Mexican-style hot sauce (such as Cholula)|
- Cook bacon in a large (12-inch) cast-iron skillet over medium-low, stirring occasionally, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer bacon to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon; reserve drippings in skillet.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the canola oil to drippings in skillet; increase heat to medium-high. Add potatoes in a single layer; cook, covered, undisturbed, until potatoes are crisped on bottoms, about 7 minutes. Uncover; stir potatoes, and stir in remaining 1 tablespoon canola oil. Cook, covered, until potatoes are well browned, about 5 minutes.
- Uncover skillet; create 4 wells in potatoes using back of a spoon. Crack 1 egg into each well. Sprinkle entire skillet with salt and pepper. Sprinkle potatoes with cheese, being careful not to cover eggs with cheese. Cook over medium-high, covered, until cheese is melted and egg whites are set but yolks are still mostly runny, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 2 minutes. Sprinkle skillet with scallions and cooked bacon; drizzle with hot sauce.
Calories 280 calories, CarbohydrateContent 19 g, FatContent 17 g, FiberContent 2 g, ProteinContent 13 g, SaturatedFatContent 5 g, SodiumContent 390 mg, SugarContent 1 g