SPANISH GARLIC SHRIMP (GAMBAS AL AJILLO) RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Chef John
Categories: Shrimp Appetizers
Total time: 20 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
|1 pound frozen large shrimp (21-25 count) – thawed, peeled, and deveined|
|1 teaspoon hot smoked paprika|
|kosher salt to taste|
|4 cloves garlic|
|¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil|
|2 tablespoons dry sherry|
|1 tablespoon chopped Italian flat-leaf parsley|
- Place shrimp in a large bowl and season with paprika and kosher salt; mix well to coat.
- Slice garlic into thin slices. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat; add garlic and cook until golden, about 2 minutes. Add shrimp and increase heat to high. Toss and turn shrimp with tongs until starting to curl but still undercooked, about 2 minutes. Pour in sherry. Cook, stirring continuously, until sauce comes up to a boil and shrimp is cooked through, about 1 minute more. Remove from heat. Stir in parsley.
Calories 227.2 calories, CarbohydrateContent 2.5 g, CholesterolContent 172.6 mg, FatContent 15.1 g, FiberContent 0.3 g, ProteinContent 18.8 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.2 g, SodiumContent 344.3 mg, SugarContent 0.1 g
GAMBAS AL AJILLO (SHRIMP W/ GARLIC) CATALONIA RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 13 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
Yield: 4 serving(s)
|1/4 cup olive oil|
|1/4 cup butter|
|1 1/2 lbs shrimp, peeled and deveined|
|4 -6 garlic cloves, minced (more if you are a garlic lover)|
|1/4 cup fresh lemon juice|
|1 teaspoon paprika|
|1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (to taste)|
|4 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped|
|fresh ground pepper|
- In a wide, shallow sauté pan over high heat, warm the Olive Oil and the Butter; add the Shrimp and Garlic and sauté quickly for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, paprika, pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Adjust seasonings to your liking.
- Transfer to a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the parsley and serve at once.
Calories 353.3, FatContent 26.9, SaturatedFatContent 9.4, CholesterolContent 244.8, SodiumContent 1067.5, CarbohydrateContent 4.3, FiberContent 0.5, SugarContent 0.5, ProteinContent 23.7
How to cook shrimp Gambas?
Shrimp Gambas Cooking Instructions: Pour the white wine, then add salt and pepper then cook for another minute. Add the tomato sauce and stir then simmer for 2 minutes. Then add the Chili Sauce and Green Chilies then simmer for 30 seconds. Turn off the heat and set-aside. You can put it in a Hot plate for a sizzling treat.
What does seafood Gambas taste like?
The shrimp, garlic and salt gives flavor to the oil. This seafood gambas recipe has lots of variations like gambas al ajillo which is also shrimp sauteed in garlic, gambas with tomato sauce which gives shrimp sour taste and sizzling gambas that is served to a sizzling plate and topped with bell pepper and egg.
How do you cook Gambas al ajillo?
The traditional preparation for gambas al ajillo is overwhelmingly simple: heat up olive oil in an earthenware cazuela on a fire until hot. Add some slivered garlic and shrimp, cook them briefly, perhaps with a touch of red pepper or a bay leaf, finish it off with a shot of brandy or sherry vinegar, and serve it all with a sprinkle of parsley.
What is Gambas in English?
Gambas is the Spanish word for shrimp it is a popular appetizer in Spain and is served in bars. After the colonial period of Spain in the Philippines the Gambas recipe is one of the foods that Filipino people inherited aside from arroz, bringhe and valenciana. gambas recipe filipino style