WHITE CASTLE-STYLE SLIDERS RECIPE | FOOD NETWORK KITCHEN | FOOD …
Provided by: Food Network Kitchen
Total time: 1 hours 0 minutes
Cook time: 45 minutes
Yield: 8 burgers
|1 onion, finely chopped|
|10 ounces ground beef chuck (80% lean)|
|1 teaspoon onion powder|
|Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper|
|1 tablespoon unsalted butter, cut into pieces|
|8 slider buns, split|
|8 thin dill pickle chips|
- Put the onion in a medium bowl and cover with 1/2 cup water. Set aside 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the beef with 2 teaspoons water, the onion powder, 3/4 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a food processor until smooth. Draw a 6-by-12-inch rectangle on a piece of parchment paper; flip over the paper so the pencil side is down (you should still be able to see the rectangle). Press the beef into the rectangle; cover with another piece of parchment and press until the beef is very thin and fills the rectangle completely. Uncover and score the beef into eight 3-inch-square patties. Poke 5 holes into each patty with a chopstick (one in the center and one near each corner). Slide the beef on the parchment onto a baking sheet, loosely cover with plastic wrap and freeze until firm, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Trim the edges of the rectangle to make it even; cut patties along the scored lines. Heat an extra-large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and liquid; bring to a boil. Stir in the butter and arrange the patties over the onion. Cook until the meat is no longer pink around the edges, 3 to 4 minutes. Put a bun bottom upside down on each patty. To steam the bun tops, rest each across 2 bun bottoms (like a bridge). Continue cooking until the patties are completely cooked through, about 2 more minutes, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water if the skillet is too dry or if the onion starts browning.
- Remove the bun tops from the skillet. Slide a spatula under each patty, picking up the onions and bun bottoms along with the meat; flip over onto a plate. Top each with a pickle and a bun top.
COPYCAT WHITE CASTLE SLIDERS – CINCYSHOPPER
Provided by: Jen
|2 pkgs Dinner Rolls (16 rolls)|
|1 lb Ground Chuck|
|2 1/3 cup Beef Broth|
|1 cup Dried Minced Onions|
|8 American Cheese Slices (optional)|
|16 Hamburger Dills|
|1/2 tsp Salt|
|1/2 tsp Pepper|
- Line a 10×15 pan with parchment paper.
- Mix ground chuck, 2/3 cup beef broth and salt and pepper together until mixture is easily spreadable.
- Gently press and spread meat mixture into prepared pan until you form a thin even layer.
- Using a knife, score each into 16 equal rectangles.
- Use your finger to make 5 holes in each patty.
- Place in freezer for at least 1 hour.
- Remove frozen patties on parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Pour remaining beef broth (1 2/3 cup) into a baking sheet and spread minced onions over entire bottom of pan.
- Allow to sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut all dinner rolls in half to make buns.
- Place froxen beef on top of onion mixture.
- Place in oven for 10 minutes to allow burgers to steam cook (until they turn brown).
- Remove and place cheese on each patty (if you are making cheese sliders).
- Top each with a bun top and return to oven for 3 minutes.
- Top each bun bottom with a dill pickle
- Use a spatula to pick up each slider half and place on bun bottom.
DIY WHITE CASTLE SLIDERS (MY FAVORITE BURGER AS … – MOMMY’S KITCHEN
Provided by: Tina Butler | Mommy’s Kitchen
Total time: 40 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
|1/2 – cup dried onion flakes|
|2 – pounds ground chuck- 80/20 ground beef|
|1/2 – teaspoon seasoned salt|
|6 – slices cheddar cheese or American cheese slices|
|12 – small party rolls (Martin’s Potato Bread Party Rolls or Sara Lee Rolls)|
|Dill pickle slices|
- Evenly spread the onions on the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Gently press the ground beef on top of the onion flakes. Press evenly making one giant patty.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt. At this point you can use a drinking straw and poke holes throughout the meat. That is what they do with the original white castle sliders.
- Bake in a 400 degree oven for 20 minutes. Using a paper towel, pat the excess grease from the top of the patty. Using 80/20 ground beef the meat does shrink down some.
- Top with cheddar cheese, return to oven for 2 more minutes. Remove from oven, let set 5 minutes then cut into patties.
- Slice open and separate each party roll. Place bottom of rolls on a large platter. Using a spatula lift patty with onion layer onto each bun bottom.
- Top each slider with a pickle slice then the bun lid. Serve immediately. Makes 12- 15 sliders depending on how big you cut them.
THEY COULD BE SLIDERS (IF EATEN WITH EYES CLOSED) – WHITE CASTLE …
Total time: 35 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Yield: 20 serving(s)
|1 lb ground beef|
|8 ounces Velveeta cheese (cubed or use the shreds)|
|0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) package onion soup mix|
|1 small onion, chopped fine|
|2 (20 count) packages pepperidge farm rolls, in a pan (20 small in a package)|
|40 slices dill pickles, about|
- Brown ground beef, and drain.
- Stir in cheese, soup and onion, til cheese melts.
- Cut buns in half.
- Spread burger mixture on buns.
- Wrap in foil.
- Bake 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- Open from foil and top each with pickle slice.
- Serve immediately, with eyes closed.
Calories 422.4, FatContent 10.8, SaturatedFatContent 3.6, CholesterolContent 24.4, SodiumContent 996.8, CarbohydrateContent 62.4, FiberContent 2.9, SugarContent 3.3, ProteinContent 17.5
ALMOST WHITE CASTLE® HAMBURGERS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
Provided by: Frank David
Total time: 25 minutes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 24 sandwiches
|1 ½ pounds ground chuck|
|⅓ cup plain bread crumbs|
|1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix|
|2 tablespoons water|
|½ teaspoon ground black pepper|
|24 small square dinner rolls|
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Combine ground chuck, bread crumbs, egg, onion soup mix, water, and black pepper in a bowl; press into a 10×15-inch jelly roll pan. Prick holes through the chuck mixture for ventilation while cooking.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and cooked through, about 10 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Drain excess grease.
- Cut chuck mixture into squares the size of the rolls. Place 1 chuck patty in each roll.
Calories 155.4 calories, CarbohydrateContent 16.4 g, CholesterolContent 26.5 mg, FatContent 6.2 g, FiberContent 0.7 g, ProteinContent 8.3 g, SaturatedFatContent 2.1 g, SodiumContent 283.3 mg, SugarContent 1.7 g