WIENERSCHNITZEL CHILI (AS CLOSE AS YOU WILL FIND) RECIPE – FOOD.COM
Total time: 11 minutes
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 1 minutes
Yield: 6 cups
|3/4 lb ground beef|
|1/4 lb ground pork|
|6 cups water|
|1/4 cup cornstarch|
|1/2 cup Wondra Flour (a must)|
|1 tablespoon tomato paste (Do not get carried away and add a whole 6 ounce can, it makes it to sweet)|
|1 tablespoon white vinegar|
|6 tablespoons chili powder|
|1/2 tablespoon salt|
|1 tablespoon dried onion flakes|
|5 teaspoons granulated sugar|
|1/4 teaspoon garlic powder|
|1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper|
|1 teaspoon ground cumin (no more no less)|
- Brown ground beef and ground pork in a large saucepan over medium heat, ensure that the meat is well crumbled. (I utilize a potato masher for this. When you think it is done, mash some more.).
- When the meat is completely browned cover saucepan and turn heat to low.
- After ten minutes, remove the ground meat from the heat and drain.
- While the meat is simmering, in a separate pan, mix the water, Wondra and the cornstarch. (I typically also add all dry ingredients to a separate bowl at this time.).
- Whisk thoroughly as it’s added until it’s dissolved into the water.
- Add drained meat, all the dry ingredients, vinegar and tomato paste to the water mixture.
- Place the pan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally, it will burn if you walk away.
- When chili begins to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour. Once again stirring occasionally.
- Chili is now ready to add over a steamed hotdog, soft bun and I use Velveeta slices with it. Enjoy!
- I have read different reviews on Weinerscnitzel chili and those that say there is no meat, should look at their rapper closer, before licking it. There is meat it is just crushed real small.
- I believe, if followed exactly, this recipe comes extremely close to that delicious sauce found at Weinerscnitzel. Please try it and comment back here on your results.
Calories 235.7, FatContent 13.8, SaturatedFatContent 5, CholesterolContent 52.2, SodiumContent 790.3, CarbohydrateContent 13.9, FiberContent 3.1, SugarContent 4.7, ProteinContent 15.1
COPYCAT WIENERSCHNITZEL CHILI SAUCE RECIPE BY TODD WILBUR
Provided by: Todd Wilbur
Total time: 40 minutes0S
Prep time: 20 minutes0S
Cook time: 20 minutes0S
Calories 290 calories